Friday

Things I Learned On My Motorcycle This Week

  • Sneezing in a helmet with the face shield down is kinda gross.
  • Traffic light sensors don't always recognize it when a motorcycle is there, waiting.
  • I can wait 4 cycles without the light changing for me.
  • Motorcyclists wave at each other.
  • This should only be done with the left hand, lest one lets go of the throttle.
  • A stereotypical biker guy--long beard, leathers, and all--on a great big Harley will wave at someone on a little putt-putt scooter.
  • Ok, the above was learned while on the scooter...
  • My helmet gives me chipmunk cheeks and makes me look 30 pounds heavier than I really am.
  • Buddah is less than thrilled to see me in it.
  • Still, I like my helmet.
  • I like my spiffy red jacket with all the armor in it, though I should have gotten white for those really hot days.
  • The thing I was most worried about--shifting--is the easiest thing to deal with.
  • Sneezing in a helmet with the face shield down is kinda gross.
  • 40 mpg is not fatal, it's fun.
  • Some people are very considerate of the bikers around them.
  • Some people are not and will tailgate much closer than they would dare tail another car.
  • I have no problem with slowing down when there's a car on my butt.
  • Sneezing...

No comments: