Thursday

File Under ‘What The @$#* Was I Thinking?’

Ok, so we bought the Swedish TempurPedic bed, and I was miserable on it at first. So miserable I spent the first night reminding myself over and over that we could send it back. We didn’t have to keep it. We could return it, get our money back, and spend it on some other trendy bed.

Then in a light bulb moment, I remembered the sales guy saying he thought his was more comfortable without the mattress cover, and a few reviews at Epinons supported that.

So we took the all-mattress-encompassing cover off, and voila, it was tolerable. It took almost 2 months to break in, but then I was sleeping so well I declared it would have to be pried from my cold, dead hands before I’d give it up.

So last night, in a fit of “Hmmmmm,” I asked the Spouse Thingy to help me put the mattress cover back on.

Just because.
Just to see how it will feel now that it’s broken in.
Just because I was obviously dropped on my head as an infant.

My mantra last night was I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot. (No, you don’t have to agree with me.) So today I will consume mass quantities of caffeine to stay awake, mass quantities of Motrin to stay somewhat mobile, and chocolate Just Because.

=yawn=

You know what I did…I jinxed the mattress. It is now going to be the mattress from hell, and it’s too late to return it…

No comments: