Wednesday

10 March 2010

Spiffy, eh?

Nice and bright and shiny and very red.

Normally, I love getting spiffy, bright, shiny, very red things. They appeal to my inner 8 year old.

What doesn't appeal to my inner 8 year old is having to get a new washer because the old one decided to die a miserable death mid-load. I don't think appealed to the Spouse Thingy's inner anything to have to get his soaking wet, half washed clothes out of the washer and take them to Dixon's only laundromat to rewash them. Me, I stayed home... Hey, they weren't my clothes. And I was busy. Doing...something. I forget what. But it must have been important.

So yesterday, instead of driving back to Tahoe to give skiing another try, we went appliance shopping. Yes, I made him go with me, you can imagine the sheer joy he felt in having to go multiple places, finding the right one, waiting while the sales clerk started the paperwork, then finding out it might be weeks before it came in. I'm sure he was ecstatic having to go yet another place to find something similar.

But hey, it was about a hundred bucks less, so he had that going for him.

Now if only the tax refund would show up to pay for the whole thing...

13 comments:

las794 said...

Oooo, pretty!

Every year, I virtuously intend to use my entire tax refund to pay down credit card debt, and every year, something in the house needs replacing or repairing instead.

Roses said...

"you can imagine the sheer joy he felt in having to go multiple places, finding the right one, waiting ..."

... all while wearing downhill skiis!

Peace said...

I love my front loader. It will save on your water bill if you pay for water. I use this tiny dollop of laundry detergent in each load. It is pretty cool. And... it will never die full of water cause it only uses a little bit of water. :)You can still come here and ski. We will have snow for a while yet. :)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is spiffy! I like my front loader! Did you get the matching dryer?

Willow said...

I think that las794 and I live the same life.

Is yours red? Purty!

DILLIGAF said...

I think ours has an 'ON' button somewhere but I'm not really sure.

Actually it has lots of buttons.

It's a bit frightening really.

Sleepypete said...

Red Wunz Go Fasta !

Had my last washing machine decide to go kaput mid load too. Took the fleece I'm currently wearing about 3 days to dry out. (it's a couple of years on now so it's now bone dry)

I got some fun out of it though - the response to "and why are you feeling sore now?" made the Warcraft raid leader lady dissolve into giggles over the voice comms : "Because I've been in weird and wonderful positions on the kitchen floor all day" (I was plumbing in the new one - honest)

PS Going round all the shops looking for the best deal is obligatory. Drives people crazy, which is all part of what makes it required.

Robynne said...

Several of your commenter's voiced situations that have happen to me. It really does seem like washer's have some sort of mystical power to go out in the worst time!
I also had to get a new one recently, ended up getting the set. They are wonderful with all their bells and whistles. Happy Laundering!

Just Ducky said...

Very cool. Tax refund here and already spent, dishwasher last month and water softener this month.

Thumper said...

Yep we got it in red with a matching dryer. The delivery guys will haul the old washer away, but we're giving the very much working dryer to the Boy. He and his roommates have a washer but no dryer, so it works out...

It's RED! Shiny RED! I may have to stand there and watch it wash my clothes... but just mine, because the Spouse Thingy can do his own laundry... :)

yellojkt said...

My tax refund is already in the bank. Gonna pay down a loan and my son just killed his car, so something will go towards that.

Marti said...

Hi Thumper. Got my federal refund today. Almost all of it will go to pay taxes owed to NY State/NYC taxes.

sanjeet said...

I love my front loader.
home based data entry