Wednesday

9 December 2009

Bulleted for the hell of it...

  • Max seems to be feeling better. He's eating for the most part; he's asking for food and slurping down more than half. That tells me he's not 100% because, face it, this is Max. he lives for his food.

  • My endocrinologist says I'm mostly normal; I can achieve optimum normalness with salt.

  • Christmas shopping is 98% done. Most of it is even wrapped.

  • No gifts will go under the tree, however. It's too visible from the front window.

  • We did our annual Toys for Tots shopping trip tonight. Spent a little less than last year, but got way better toys, I think. And we still filled two carts.

  • Our neighbor must be a life long Californian and not used to sub 30 temperatures, as evidenced by the ice covering her driveway because she forgot to turn the sprinkler system off.

  • I would like Santa to bring me a new lower back. He can do that, right?

12 comments:

The Furry Bambinos said...

Thumper, Glad to hear Max is improving. Sorry about your lower back. My Dad is getting a new lower back tomorrow, but I'm not sure if Santa is involved, as his doctor is Jewish.

Mom Sue to the Furry Bambinos

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I envy you that you shopping and wrapping are almost finished. I need to start!

A-Nonny-Moose said...

Santa can bring a new back, but you have to install it yourself. :)

las794 said...

I'd like some knees, please. :)

The Whiskeratti said...

Ohhhh knees for me too please! Are you taking Max to the vet ?

Shaggy and Scout said...

And a new leg for my husband! Left, please.

Glad to hear about Max. Our vet says a cat who's not eating is a cat in trouble.
HAHAHAHA: Your neighbor!
About your tree: You need to move back here. No one wants to be outside long enough to carry stuff away. Lynne

Gemini and Ichiro said...

If Santa can't the Woman can... she's GREAT with lower backs--well at least recycling them. Have Max walk on it now that he's feeling better. It's best with claws extended. I can send him so notes on the best catupuncture points...

been there, done that said...

Glad Max is feeling better! But have you ever checked out pain management/physical medicine where they shoot your trigger points and various other things up and down your back, including the ligaments on your spine? In a word...HEAVEN!!!

been there, done that said...

Oh, my low back no longer hurts me...or mostly...it was in pain for most of 30+ years, so, yeah...Heaven!

Just Ducky said...

LOL on your neighbor, nice way to make a skating rink fast.

Monty Graycat said...

I am glad Max feels better.
My mommy had lots of surgeries on her spine, but she thinks a brand new one would fix all those problems!

There isn't a body part store here though, so if you go to one, send a new spine to me in canada so I can give it to my mommy for xmas!

the Mama said...

■ I would like Santa to bring me a new lower back. He can do that, right?

■ Yes, but be sure to rip out your old one and leave it under the tree for him to find. I think they recycle them or feed them to the reindeer. :O)