Sunday

Tag, I’m It!

J&J’s Mom tagged me this morning. She left a nasty welt when she did it, and I cried because I’m a wuss, but what the heck, I’ll play along.

What follows is a list of different occupations. You must select at least five of them. You may add more if you like to your list before you pass it on (after you select five of the items as it was passed to you). Of the five you selected, you are to finish each phrase with what you would do as a member of that profession. Then pass it on to three other bloggers.


And the list is:

If I could be a scientist... If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician... If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter... If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary... If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect... If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist... If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete... If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper... If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer... If I could be a backup dancer...
If I could be a llama-rider... If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a midget stripper... If I could be a proctologist...
If I could be a TV-Chat Show host... If I could be an actor...
If I could be a judge... If I could be a Jedi...
If I could be a mob boss... If I could be a backup singer...
If I could be a CEO... If I could be a movie reviewer...
If I could be a monkey's uncle... If I could be a CSI...
If I could be a contortionist... If I could be a TV preacher...

Drumroll please…. Mine are:

If I could be a writer...well, I AM a writer, but still. The part of me that wants to be a BETTER writer would have a much better work ethic, clear vision, and would have that book done already. And it would be a best seller. Oprah's authors would have nothing on me.

If I could be a doctor, I'd make sure to take the time to listen to my patients, to hear what they're not saying. And I'd be regularly telling the HMOs to screw off, because they're doing more harm than good. If I say a patient needs a test or a drug, then they need it. Period.

If I could be a missionary, I'd be the worst one ever, because I'd be going door to door saying "You're going to hell! You're Satan's minion!" Well, not really, because truthfully, I'm too shy to go door to door.

If I could be a TV Chat Show Host, I'd be a Dr. Phil clone. With less restraint. And more eye rolling.

If I could be a painter, I'd paint in bright, happy colors all the time, and I would never leave the viewer wondering what the HECK I was smoking the day I created that masterpiece.

I’m tagging Murf (yes, Murf, you have to do it!), Max, and Sam, who is pretty new to the world of blogging.

No comments: