Thursday

At some point after the New Year, we are going to have to buy a new bed. My back is telling me this, and after the last couple of nights, the voices in my head are in agreement. They're all saying "We need sleeeeeep. We need sleeeeeeep."

The cat echoes their sentiment, as my tossing and turning and getting out of bed is annoying the crud out of him.

I've pondered the possibility of a Tempur Pedic bed--one of those expensive viso-elastic things that are supposedly wonderful to sleep on. I've also thought about a Select Comfort air mattress. I'm not sure about listening to an air pump all night long, though I suppose it would become white noise after a while.

The thing is, those are both expensive and the last thing I want to do is spend a huge wad on another bed that sucks.

A traditional mattress is a crap shoot, too. We bought a Simmons bed several years ago, thinking we couldn't go wrong there. It quickly sagged in the middle and turned out to be just as bad as the waterbed we had before that. I've heard good things about Fosters & Stern beds, but again, they're pricey.

So.
Input if you have it, please.
Even if it's just, "Well, a friend of my friend has one and loves it/hates it."

Thumpa needs sleep.

No comments: