Sunday

Warning: Whine Fest Ahead

There. You’ve been duly warned. I’m feeling especially whiny today and decided I would share it with the world. And I do so knowing full well I’ve complained about whiners numerous times in the past. No one said I could never be a total hypocrite whilst blogging for the whole world to see. Or at least the 5 of you who seem to check daily to see if I have spewed forth anything, worthy of reading or not.

I need sleep. I need several nights of uninterrupted, really deep, pain free and neighbor free sleep. And cat free, too, though Max seems to be better about not standing in the bathroom hollering his fool little head off at 3 a.m. He saves his little feline chit fits until about 7:15 a.m., when the neighbors upstairs start stomping around.

Yes, they stomp. And they bang things, too. Doors, cabinets, headboards… They do this at 1 a.m., they do this at 4 a.m., they do it at 7 a.m. And they frequently run their damned vacuum at 7:30 in the morning. To Max’s little brain, if anyone is up after 7 a.m., the everyone must get up, or at least someone needs to feed the kitty. He’s taken up tap dancing, and I seem to be his favorite dance floor.

So I get extremely interrupted sleep (I am not a morning person, not at all) which is made worse lately by the fact that the Vicodin is not helping. There isn’t a comfortable spot on the bed. I move, and I feel it, a burning pain in my lower back. I settle onto my side, and my hip screams at me.

I am very tired.

And when I get very tired, I get nauseous.
And whiny.

So here I sit, whining, nibbling on crackers, with nothing better to do than complain.

Well, okay, I have better things I should be doing, but come on. Who would rather work than whine?

Those of you who are sleeping, I suppose…

No comments: