Friday

26 June 2020

Drive-by DMs (paraphrased) that drove me a bit batcrap crazy, mostly because they were send-and-never-respond kind of things.

1. "Stop with the fucking bike posts. No one cares."

2. "Stop with the libtard black/trans/queer lives matter bullshit. If your kid came home with a black girl, you'd shit yourself."

3. "Stop with the I-support-gay/trans/nonbinary crap. You're just proving that you're NOT Christian. It's right there in the Bible: man should not lay with another man as with a woman. So go fuck yourself."

4. "Stop with the trans crap. If your husband announced he thought he was really a woman, you'd run screaming."

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

1. No. My riding brings me joy. You're also probably one of the so-called Max fans who FB-Messenger-whine when he posts about Wick. Just guessing. We blog/write/FB-post about the things that matter to us, and those things matter. If it bothers you so much, why are you still reading? I enjoy cycling. Max's career is crafted firmly in the Wickiverse. Why does that annoy you so much?

I honestly do not get that. If a blog has multiple posts about a topic you have zero interest in, why would you keep going back? Same with FB or any other venue. If you don't like what's being written about, move on. Whining about it is kinda like bitching to a horror writer that they don't write chick lit. You don't like horror; you like chick lit; find someone who writes that instead.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

2. I think my son's wife would have a bigger problem if he brought some girl home, regardless.

But let's play the game. Let's assume that he's single and dating, and he brings home The Girl. They walk into the house, all happy, and hey, she's black.

I don't care.

I never cared.

Well, I would care about the way the world treated them, together and separately, but no, I would not and never have cared whether he was in a relationship with someone not white. Why would I?

For that matter, I wouldn't have cared if he'd been gay and the person he brought home was male.

What would I care about instead? That he was happy, loved, safe, and content. That he was treated well and offered that in kind.

And I'm super curious how one equates the BLM movement to "yeah but you wouldn't want him to bring one home" school of thought. How entrenched in to 50s are you?

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

3. I dunno, man, maybe it's time you brushed up on biblical translation history. Literally, the translation with which most people are familiar didn't appear until 1946. There are questions about it, sure, but until a translation from Greek to German to English, it was more like "Man shall not lie with young boys." Kinda makes it an edict against pedophilia, not homosexuality.

It hinges on the word arsenokoitai,which somehow morphed from "young boys" to "homosexual" during a translation from Greek to German. It became a rolling stone, and the moss gathered upon it has been flicked at gays ever since.

And ya know, Jesus never once mentioned homosexuality.

I prefer to land on the side of kindness. I don't, not for one minute, believe Jesus would have turned his back on someone for being gay; I don't believe God would reject one of his children for being gay. Nor would He reject them for being trans/queer/fluid/nonbinary. We're all designed differently, and different is not a sin.

Also... you don't get to define my Christianity for me. It's that simple.

And if you have to know...my Christianity revolves around equity, parity, fairness, and most of all, kindness. Not exclusion and condemnation. Neither of those strikes me as being particularly Christ-like.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

4. Surprise, mofo, no I would not run. It would be a shock, but other than that, eh. One of us should be the girl in this relationship.*

Do I understand when one partner opts out of the relationship under those circumstances? Of course I do. Ending the relationship is not the same thing as not supporting someone in their transition. But I would not opt out; I love the person, not the meaty outer shell.

AHA SO YER GAY!

No, that's not what it means at all. And it's sad that you can't wrap your head around it.

Would it be different if we hadn't spent the last 40 years together? Maybe. But I doubt it.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

And since you love my bike posts so much, here's the next one I'm going to get. Just because.





*That was probably insensitive and for that I apologize but I'm leaving it anyway because it did make me LOL

5 comments:

sandra said...

an amazing illustration of the sentiment:“Te futueo et caballum tuum” – f**k you and the horse you rode in on. Love, love, love it!

Cherie in St Louis said...

I 100% love that you clearly articulate what I believe........I’m not good at expressing myself so thank you!

Sleepypete said...

I may not comment on them but I like the bike posts :-D.

I bet there's people who think similar thoughts about me whenever I post pictures of Internet Spaceships or Bad Dwagon Drawings ...

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We like Max a whole lot. But you are OK, too... ;)

caircair said...

I don't get the bike love, but I get that it brings you joy, and reading about what brings you joy brings me joy. I read the blogs for the insights into your lives they bring -- it's a way of connecting when (especially now) it's hard for us introverts to connect to others.