Thursday

7 February 2019

This never happens.

Yesterday, following the mass consumption of steak fresh off the grill--and they got as much as they wanted to eat in lieu of opening a can of cat food--they plopped down on the bed fairly close to each other.

Sleeping did not occur; it was a coordinated effort to keep the bed from being made. I swear, Max especially knows when sheets are going to be changed and when beds are going to be made, and he makes a beeline for the bed. If it's sheets, he wants to help, and by help I mean he wants to get in the way as much as possible and turns into a furry little crack headed monster, chasing fabric and jumping on it like he's just brought down a cow all by himself. If it's bed-making, he wants to stop it. And yet, he loves sleeping on a nicely made bed, getting his fur all over it.

I've given up trying to figure them out.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

I am a cold weather weenie.

It was 33F in the front yard when I got up this morning at Stupid O'clock, and I've been waiting, sorta patiently, for the temp to get to 46-47F . It's supposed to be a nice, sunny day and the rest of the week is not, so I'd really like to get a bike ride in. Between the rain we've had and errands that got in the way, I haven't been on the bike (other than a really short one last night) in a week. I'm falling way behind on my mileage goal for the month.

If I were not a weenie, I'd be outside right now, riding in circles around Dixon.

The Spouse Thingy is not a weenie, so he's outside mowing the grass. But that's also not at 14 mph, so he only gets 7 Not-A-Weenie points. He'd get 10 or so if it were a bit breezy.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦



He's mad because I don't have my lap available for his use. I keep telling him we're going to watch 2 episodes of Star Trek: Discovery tonight and he can have it then, but that's not good enough.

Suck it up, cat. I'm busy waiting for it to warm up enough to go outside and play, and while I do that I have work to get done. And Reddit to browse. And comics to read. I have stuff, cat.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Yes, I talk to him. We have long conversations, mostly about my failings.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦



A little over a month to go, a little under halfway to goal...


1 comment:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Two years ago, I finally gave up my light polyester sheets and blankets due to static shock in favor of several layers above and below of 100% cotton. It has helped ME a lot. But the cats get their claws stuck on the top blanket all the time.

I can't trim their claws myself (I can barely trim mine). So I hope that dragging the 3 Mews to the vet for the annual exam and clips will help them.