Thursday

21 April 2011

What have I been doing the last couple of weeks? Getting this done, laid out, and ready for print:



I worked on the final layout over the last few days, which was problematic enough that the Spouse Thingy hid in another room lest he be destroyed in the vortex of my overwhelming frustrations. Once I finally got a clean PDF to send off to the printer I started in on the layout for the Kindle version, thinking it would be a piece of cake because, hey, I've done it dozens of times.

But, once I was done, what should have looked like this:



Looked like this:



Rather than fight the damn thing--I really didn't have the patience for it--I popped off a post in the Writer's Cafe at Kindleboards, and nearly immediately had an offer from Jeff to help. I sent him my file, and in less than 5 minutes he had a clean copy for me.

So...yay!

Uploaded it all to Amazon last night, expecting it to be 3-4 days, but it's already available for sale. So if you have a Kindle and you've read the first 4 books...thrill me. It's only $2.99 on the Kindle and will be $4.99 elsewhere (once I get around to uploading it to other stores) and $15.95 in print.

I have to admit, after finishing this book, I would really like to re-write Charybdis. I know I could do it so much better now and still maintain the guts of the story... Ethically, maybe not the greatest impulse I've ever had.

But...onto the next thing. I understand erotic is selling very well on the Kindle, so maybe... ;)

Back cover copy:

In the blink of an eye, Kris Stevens Gallery Stone finds herself sitting on a park bench with her long dead ex-husband. Neither is sure why she's there; Ron knows she's not dead and knows she's at a crossroads--decide to live or decide to die--but what he doesn't know is why she wanted him there with her.

While she struggles with what her ultimate decision will be, Ron shows her his vision of Heaven, tempting her to stay. But before she gives him an answer, he wants to explore their long-dead marriage, from the weeks before she meets 15 year old Chip to its end in Ron's office in the agency, and in the telling of their tale hopes she'll remember why she loved him, and why she loves him still.

The Flipside of Here is the fifth novel in K.A. Thompson's Charybdis series, and answers questions left lingering, from how 16 year old Chip became entangled in the agency in the first place to Ron's reasons for ending his life in a bloody mess inside a toilet stall. A love story that extends beyond there here and now...and the choices that follow us forever.

6 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I guess I will have to read it on Kindle for Android, since I have a Nook!

Thumper said...

Or wait...it'll be at B&N sooner or later...

Roses said...

You are awesome!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

The Woman is looking forward to that and the one right before... And stop saying you need to re-write Charybdis--she'd never have noticed if you didn't keep pointing it out!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Aha, the dead guy on the park bench you tantalized us with when the idea was fermenting in your brain way back when!

Well,regarding the rewrite... Stephen King put out an updated longer uncut version of "The Stand" some time ago. But he's Da Man and he can pretty much do what he wants....

The Furry Bambinos said...

Congrats!!! I think it is so cool that you are published, many times over! Looking forward to reading it in print!

Mom Sue to The Furry Bambinos and Assorted Fosters