Saturday

10 July 2010

For the most part, people in this little town are friendly. When I'm out walking, I'd guess up to 90% of the people I pass greet me. No clue who they are; it's just what people do here. They say "'Morning" or just "Hey" as we pass, and I always respond. Nicely.

I've started actually greeting people first once in a while. Because, hey, I live here, I should become one of the masses, try to fit in, right? So as I approached an older guy jogging slowly ahead of me, just before we passed each other I said, "Good morning!"

The response: "It's morning, there's nothing phking good about it."

See? I do fit in here!

6 comments:

jenianddean said...

Now that's too funny!
--Dean

The Furry Bambinos said...

Yeh, we always think it's funny when someone "older than us" uses the f bomb. Kind of how the college kids I used to supervise thought it was cute when I used it.

I grew up just outside of Pittsburgh PA. In the Pittsburgh area it is also the status quo to greet everyone you meet. I was in for a shock when I moved to Cleveland for college. If you greeted people you did not know, you were "weird". It's nice to go back home and strike up conversations with "friends you haven't met yet" as my Mom says.

Mom Sue to The Furry Bambinos

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Someone should remind him that if you wake up it is good cause the alternative is not so good!

Marti said...

Only good thing about morning is sleeping during it, but I say it anyway.

craziequeen said...

I'm not a morning person either but if someone wishes me a good one I like to return the favour.....

I have quite a high profile at work and a lot of people know me, when I don't necessarily know them by name or even by face - I use a lot of 'mate', 'sweetheart',
'hon', 'champ' etc at work..... :-)

cq

Karen Jo said...

I got a good laugh out of that one. You just never know what reaction you are going to get.