Wednesday

7 April 2010

WooHoo. I got my new toy.

Trikke 2


And I got it to move. I was worried because I read a ton of "I can't get this thing to move at all, what am I doing wrong?" on Trikke forums and blog posts, but part of it is not unlike being on a motorcycle--as long as you're not afraid to lean, you can make it go. To turn on a motorcycle, you have to lean; forward movement on this, you have to lean.

But dang, it is a full body workout...just what I needed, to be sure. I think I have a favorite new toy, after the Spouse Thingy and my scooter.

6 comments:

Monty Graycat said...

My Mommy says that is AWESOME, and if her back wasn't so bad, she would want one really badly!

Shaggy and Scout said...

My back is just screaming looking at that toy! But I am jealous because it really looks like FUN! -SSS's mom

Thumper said...

I have a really bad back, but this didn't seem to bother it...

las794 said...

Is it hard on your knees?

Thumper said...

I don't have an knee pain today, but having just started out I'm not sure what it will feel like long term. My left knee is pretty screwy, so I should know in short order--probably when I get to where I'm trying to go uphill. On flat surfaces, I don't think bad knees (or backs, etc) are a problem.

I have arthritis in my lower spine, both hips, and my left knee, as well as a couple other chronic pain issues, so if it affects those things, good or bad, I should know within a couple weeks...

Big City, Small Minds said...

I know this is a dumb question, but how in the world do you stop it? :)