Wednesday

14 October 2009

A week after my spur of the moment surgery, the Spouse Thingy went in for a little under the knife work of his own. His was scheduled--a bladder biopsy, and no we don't have the results yet, but it all looked inflammatory--so there was no surprise there, but still... I had barely recovered and he was getting his junk reamed out, and he needed the weekend to heal up.

So we didn't have much fun over the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday I was scheduled for my post-op appointment with the surgeon, but a little matter of pounding rain and 55 mpg wind convinced us it wouldn't hurt to reschedule that... sure, lots of people drove in it, but we didn't have to, so we didn't (well, in the morning...I did drag him out in the afternoon to go to Walmart which is only half a mile away. Where I then sat at a table in Subway while he shopped. That's how wonderful I am...)

back patio 1 This had us a little bit worried.

By late afternoon the area had been pounded with a little over 4 inches of rain, and it looked like part of it wanted to come inside to warm up.

So the Spouse Thingy was outside in pouring rain, heavy wind, digging around in the yard to make sure the drainage inlets weren't clogged.

(Yep, the fact that we have drains in the back yard is a pretty good clue that we have drainage issues. We didn't notice them until after we'd bought the house, however. It might have made a difference...might not have. But still...)

I kind of wondered if we'd need sandbags, but after he cleared the drains, the water started to recede.

My hero.

And it is good to know that we can take rain that hard and not flood...

Still...this has been kind of a sucky couple of weeks, so it can only get better, right?

And by better I mean more fun.

I want to go bowling and ride my scooter...though not necessarily at the same time.

Well...that could be fun...if I could figure out how.

8 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Wow! WE hope every thing is Ok with the Spouse-thingy! That is a lot of rain for the of rain to clear in a short time!

Heather said...

Glad you are healing and hoping the spouse-thingy is okay. We've been dealing with hit after hit as well.

Roses said...

You know, when you start your post talking about the Spouse Thingy's bladder, and end with a pic of your backyard flooded, you better hope folks read all the way through and don't think the two are related.

... not that I thought that or anything.

Motor Home Cats said...

I hope there is nothing wrong with the spouse thingy and that the two of you heal quickly. We've had 2 days of rain, but so far no flooding anywhere I have to be - just a bunch of wet, stinky teenagers. Who knew that wet teenagers could smell worse than wet dogs?

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Marti said...

No rain here, but a lot is threatened to happen starting tomorrow for 3 days. I'm on top floor of walk-up in the city and the roof has never been right, even though it's been redone a few times.

Our yard where I grew up on Jersey Shore flooded and we had drainage problems. My uncle made a new drain in the yard next door. That house was sold in 2006 and I miss it a lot. It wasn't really mine though.

Hope spouse thingy will turn out to be fine and best of health to both of you.

The Whiskeratti said...

Ouch. We're sorry to hear that Spouse Thingy had to get surgery.

The yard - I'm surprised that the drainage issues weren't disclosed somewhere along the way. I thought that was the law.

Karen Jo said...

I hope that things can only get better. I'm glad that your yard drained after Spouse Thingy cleared the drains. I also have my fingers crossed that both of you heal up quickly and that there is nothing seriously wrong with Spouse Thingy's bladder.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Well, we got 2 inches of heavy wet snow this week.
You might be wet, but at least you're warm.