Sunday

After a horrific drive to Borders today (saw the aftermath of one 3 car accident and three minutes later saw a Toyota Yaris--same car I drive--plow into the side rail at about 40mph...it didn't hold up very well which freaks me out just a little) I managed to finish the first draft of my current work in progress.

My first 3 books weighed in at roughly 113,000 words each and the 4th one a mere 58,000.

This one? Right now it's between 160,000 and 170,000 words. That's like, a lot.

Clearly I'll be doing a whole bunch of editing over the next few drafts. I should probably set it aside for a couple of weeks, but I don't have any other work lined up, so I may plunge back into it tonight after the Spouse Thingy leaves for work. Or I may just sit here and drool on myself. Not sure yet.

And because she asked, Yes, Charlie, this one picks up just a couple of weeks after the end of Finding Father Rabbit. You get your wish. It may suck, but you're gonna get your wish.

See what a good friend I am? I write on command.

And don't tell me trained seals work on command, too, or I'll have to hurt someone...

No comments: