Friday

I've been going to Border's a lot lately; for one, I just can't find a comfortable place in this little to plop down with my laptop and write, and two...I just like Border's. The new group of people behind the counter know how I like my tea now, even to the point where one will call out to the assistant manager who is back there helping "fill the cup all the way with ice, she like LOTS of ice."

That is coolness.

But today. Oh man, today the place was packed. It was raining out, and people like to sit in the coffee shop on rainy days, where they can read books for free while they much on some pretty spiffy looking scones and muffins (I assume those are filled with Evilness, so I haven't tried anything other than beverages there...) I took one of two chairs available, feeling lucky that it was near an outlet where I could plug in.

And a few minutes later a woman sat next to me, cupping her coffee in her hands. She stared out into the crowd, eyes glazed over, the look of someone who just wants to sit and be alone, yet not too alone.

This is fine; I'm not there to make friends. I'm there to make stuff up.

But this Woman...before she got there someone anointed her Queen of Flatulence, and she embraced her royal duties with gusto.

I tried to keep writing in spite of it, but between my fingers gliding over the keyboard and her dedicated attention to her Regalness, it sounded pretty much like tap tap tap =squeeeeeee= tap tap tap -phffffffft- tap tap tap... you get the picture.

I couldn't take much of it, and wound up leaving before I coughed out 3 pages and before my usual tea refill.

I have high hopes for tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure that if she's still there, she's got to have deflated by now.

No comments: