Saturday

While I drove towards the store this evening--life is not complete without milk, hot dogs, and Cheetos (Mmmm, nutrition...)--I noticed a squirrel on the other side of the road.

And then I noticed several nuts in the road.

That, I surmised, is going to be one dead squirrel in about 3 minutes.

I went on, got my milk and hot dogs and Cheetos, and headed home. As I approached the intersection, I remembered the squirrel, and hoped I wouldn't see what I was pretty sure I would see.

The light went red, so I stopped.

Then I looked.

Mr. Squirrel was alive and well, and hauling bits and pieces of nuts off the road. He'd made himself a nice little pile about 2 feet into the dirt.

A nice little pile of freshly cracked nuts.

The light went green, and I slowly--because I did not want to be the one to run over Mr. Squirrel--began to move forward. He stayed safely off the road, munching on his deliberate roadkill.

That has to be the Smartest Squirrel Ever.

1 pile of nuts
10 cars rolling over them
1 pile of cracked nuts with no major effort

He knew exactly what he was doing.

We should worry I think.

If the squirrels unite, they might try to take over the world...

No comments: