Wednesday

And The Grey Matter Goes =BOOM=

My head is ready to explode.

I got my business license last October, in anticipation of launching Inkblot Books. I have 3 books ready to send to the printer, but it came to my attention just this week that I need a Vendor’s license of some sort, and possibly a Sales Tax Exemption Certificate.

I’ve perused the Ohio Secretary of State’s website, and I’m more confused than ever. There are dozen different Vendors’ Licenses, and while I’ve narrowed it down to 2, I’m still not sure which one is me. And then there’s the Sales Tax Exemption Certificate, which the printer seems to think I should have, but I have no idea what to say on the application to assure that I get it.

Until I figure it out, I’m stuck and can’t send these files to the printer.

Surely there has to be a reason why they don’t write these thing in plain English. Why they don’t spell everything out in simple terms for those of us about to curl up into a tight ball on the floor and start crying. And there has to be a reason why I can’t figure out what probably really is something very simple…

=sigh=

No comments: