Monday

glub

First Gold’s Gym gave us 2 free weeks to try them out.
Then the YMCA gave us 2 free weeks to try them out.
Now the 2 weeks are up. And the winner is…

…neither. Of the two, the YMCA has the better pool(s). Clean, warm enough, lanes available… but in the end, I decided to wait. It doesn’t mean I’m abandoning the idea of swimming and working out in the water, just not where I have to pay extra for it.

At least not until school lets out. The apartment complex has a pool, and they recently replaced the heating element (which explains why the neighborhood kids were getting nipples while swimming…), so it’s at a nice, tolerable temperature. And until school lets out, I can swim there during the day without fighting kids for space. Free beats out $65/month. Free is good. And once summer rolls around, if I can’t get lap space in the pool, I can join the Y then.

But I have to keep up on it. Right now there’s a giant dagger shoved roughly between my L4 and L5 vertebrae, and someone made a Thumper voodoo doll and is sticking nasty things in my right hip. Yesterday the Spouse Thingy and I went to the mall; I made it roughly halfway around the bottom level before it started to bother me.

That’s not even a quarter mile. Probably not even an eighth of a mile.

I have a nasty feeling that this is going to make Fibromyalgia look like a cake walk. Except I’d only make it partway around and would have to drop out of the cake walk before the music stopped, and then I’m miss out on the cake. And right now, cake sounds mighty good…

I ramble…

In any case, I’m still going to swim (thogh I don’t think I can swim here nekkid, either. Sounds like an argument for owning one’s own home with a privacy fence around the back yard, and a nice 20 meter lap pool…) And I think I’m going to allow myself (heh, yep, allow) to go shopping for those funky styrofoam barbells used for in-water weight training. And while I’m out shopping, I’m sure a taco or pizza will be calling my name.

But I’ll burn off those calories in the pool.
Yep.
I will.

No comments: