Friday

28 August 2009

I love cinnamon gum. Cinnamon gum does not love me back. I know this, yet every once in a while I cave into the love of it and buy a pack, thinking that surely one piece will be all right. I’ll just put the rest in my desk drawer, and a week from now I can chew another piece.

One piece. My freaking tongue is now on fire. One piece of cinnamon gum and I burned my damned tongue, and now brushing my teeth hurts like a mother, and if I eat anything hot… It.Will.Hurt.

What sucks the most is that when I had the pack of gum in my hand at the checkout the Spouse Thingy asked if I really wanted to do that. “You know what will happen.”

One damned piece.

I freaking hate it when he’s right.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I guess you must "hate it" all the time.

Runs and hides!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a sever reaction!

Roses said...

What if you ate half a piece?
Or a quarter?
Or, just licked it?

las794 said...

Remember red hots from when we were kids? I loved those things. Or those square, super-hot cinnamon pops--man, those would make the top of my head explode....

Shaggy and Scout said...

I'm addicted to Jolly Rancher hot cinnamon. t doesn't hurt me though.

Sleepypete said...

I'm like that with cookies. I love 'em but the dustiness of the crumbs sets the acid racing in my tummy. So I get reminders of cookie-munching for a while after the deed is done.

But, after thinking about it and given the choice :

GIEF COOKEEZ !