Wednesday

12 August 2009

July 22nd trip to the ER: $50

Co-pay to get Spouse Thingy's blood work reveling a cholesterol of only 187: $15

Getting a stress test and having it perfectly normal: well, it was also $15 but I'd mostly put that at priceless.

We're now 99.9% sure that what sent him to the ER with cardiac symptoms on the 22nd was a reaction to Niacin (thank you mlah for putting us on the right path there...) and he's since stopped taking it. It was a royal scare but in the end it's given me some peace of mind because now I know that the Spouse Thingy's heart is working just like it should be, and I know his cholesterol is in a really good place.

This is major for me, because I always have that little thing in the back of my head reminding me that he has a strong family history of heart disease...he rubs his chest oddly because he has heart burn, and I get worried. He feels out of sorts, and I get worried. He falls asleep on the couch and snores...mostly I get irritated, but when he stops snoring, I get worried. At least now I know his heart is in reasonably good shape, and I can let my DON'T YOU DARE FREAKING DIE ON ME OR I WILL SLATHER YOUR JUNK WITH BEN GAY voice fade to a bit of a whisper.

'Cause, seriously, as much fun as I poke at Murf for the way he gushes about his wife, I'd be just as broken if something happened to the Spouse Thingy. I need his heart to keep beating for another, I dunno, 40 or 50 years. And even then if he dies before I do I will totally kick his ass.

And hey, that means we're both normal. Sweet.

17 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It is always good to know that you are reasonably healthy!

Motor Home Cats said...

I am so glad to hear that the spouse thingy is normal and that you are medically so - lol.

Tara (not the cat)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Glad to know you are both healthy.

I have a deal with Prince Charming that he is not allowed to die until he is 103.

Deaney said...

Having a normal husband is such a relative thing. (Damn, I thought I got this all out of my system yesterday)

Arwen said...

Phew! As someone who has recently had the scare of having a faulty heart, I am SO glad to hear that everything is checking out okay. Because, you know, your heart is kind of important. Especially when you have someone sharing it with you :)

Undr said...

WTF is it with you women and Ben Gay? Oh, and go shake the sand out you mushy wuss you ;)

Thumper said...

Ben Gay = wonderful weapon with which to threaten

kenju said...

I feel the same way about mr. kenju (for all my carping). Good for spouse thingy - I am glad to know he is okay.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Glad you are both doing better!
Ummmm.......I saw the Trim My Fat A-- on your sidebar. How did you lose 9.5 pounds in 4 weeks? Are you on the farty food diet again?? If you've found something better, I'd like to know about it. Cause I'm dieting too. SSS's Mom

Thumper said...

Jenny Craig. No fartiness, and the food is way better.

The Whiskeratti said...

Awww... it's true love :) With cats.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Geez..... another 5 pounds in just a week!!! 14.5 total!!!! I've lost 20 but its been since January.
grumble.....grumble.....grumble......

Thumper said...

To be fair, I was carrying quite a bit of water weight and had to go a day without my meds to correct that. So part of what I lost was pure water.

Still...I'm not minding this particular diet at all.

invisible said...

The hubby people need the wifey units to look after them. Even though the husband person may feign indifference, they greatly appreciate the caring that the wife-one shows.
We wuv our widdle schnoogie-woogums

mlah said...

you're more than welcome. glad to hear he's good.

Monty Q. Kat said...

I've heard the Woman say lovongly to HeBean that if he dies anytime soon the fury she'll raise will be so bad he won't get a moment's rest until she gets to him again.

He kinda chuckles and pales for a moment or two. Humans are weird.

Anonymous said...

The hubster knows I'd lose it if he went and died on me. Totally ass kicking time. I hadn't thought about the ben gay thing, though. creative.