Wednesday



It snuck up on me this year. I didn’t even realize how close Thanksgiving was until last week. It felt like it was eons away, like Halloween hadn’t been here and gone and Christmas still feels like a long way off.

I’m not sure if that’s because it’s been so warm here, or because we’ve been so busy with the move, or both.

We’re sticking close to home this year; my back just isn’t going to allow the car ride to spend it with family, nor is it going o allow me to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, standing there to chop and slice and heat things up and cook a turkey. So…we’re going to a movie and then to Denny for dinner.

Hey, they have turkey, too…

Hopefully it’ll just be a nice day spent with the Spouse Thingy and the Boy. I’m sure I’ll be guilted for there being no leftovers for a while, but it won’t be fatal. And there won’t be dishes!

Have a terrific Thanksgiving! That’s, like, an order.

No comments: