- Someone spam-called my cell phone at 5 fricking a.m. At least I presume it was a spam call, based on the number and location; I get these a lot and they always tick me off, but at five in the morning, which is like the middle of the night for me, it makes me feel all stabby.
- It took me about an hour to fall back asleep; thusly did I oversleep this morning.
- Once I was awake enough to figure out what I needed to do today, I realized I had prescriptions waiting for me at the pharmacy, and headed out to get them.
- Once outside, I remembered today is the Post Office’s food drive, so I turned around, went back inside, and grabbed a bunch of canned food and boxed stuff.
- Got to the pharmacy 3 minutes before they closed for lunch. Yay.
- Only to be told that my main medication can’t be refilled until tomorrow. Bummer.
- Headed for Starbucks, realized halfway there that I left the house without eating. No problem, I culd get some chicken strips at Burger King first.
- BK was packed. There were more people there than I had ever seen in there before. And it was freaking hot…I don’t think the a/c was working. After 5 minutes in line I felt a bit nauseated from the heat, so I decided I could go somewhere else.
- Every place in the area was packed. Denny’s parking lot was full. McD’s was full. Taco Bell’s line spilled out the door. The pizza place…wasn’t even going to try.
- Starbucks, OTOH, had a line but most of the tables were open. I risked it an placed my backpack on a table and got in line…I could see it from there.
- Concern was lessened by the fact that one of the ‘Bux people was taking a break and sitting at the next table.
- I did have plans to jump the chit out of anyone touching that backpack, though. It’s not often one gets to spout things like ‘touch it and die, Motherfarker.’ Though I think I would have dropped a more appropriate F-bomb.
- Chocolate cinnamon bread is not very filling, but it will have to do.
- Oh…apparently there was a parade today. That explains the crowds everywhere. I arrived about 20 minutes after the end of the Mayfair Parade. It was not on my radar because parades…phffft.
- Dude sitting next to me has expressed MacAir envy. Yes, it’s spiffy, but I think you can get comparable PC laptops now for a whole lot less.
- Next time, I will probably do that.
- Even though that will make me less cool.
- Shuddup. I am, too.
- Fine, I’m not Abercrombie & Fitch cool, but really, who wants to be?
11 May 2013
Bullet Abuse #874,539,281.x