Wednesday

13 February 2013

The Spouse Thingy has to work tomorrow, so we decided to have Valentine's Day today. And what better way to celebrate anything on a beautiful, sunny day?

A nice long bike ride.

We geared up, intending to ride for a while and then stop for lunch, then ride some more. I got on my bike and fired it up, backed out of the garage, and it died.

And then would not start again.

Every time I tried, I heard =click=

Now, this is a PITA because it's not the first time in the last few weeks. It's like the third or fourth time. And we're already on the 3rd battery in less than 2 years in this bike.

=sigh=

So, in the shop it will go next week. And since we really couldn't think of anything else we wanted to do, we worked on cleaning out the garage.

Yep. Excitement. Thrills.

We got one whole corner sorted out!

I went back into the house after, and walked into the living room to see this:


This does not happen. For one, this is Buddah's tree; he claimed it and until recently, Max has respected that. I've seen him on it quite a bit in the last month or so, but not when Buddah is also on it. And I'm frankly surprised that Buddah relented his treasured spot on top.

I don't think it means anything more than they were plotting against us, and stopped when I came back into the house.

And no worries...our Valentine's Day didn't stop there. The Spouse Thingy did take me out to dinner.

Yep. I got a Big Mac at McD's,

He got Chinese take out and brought it along, but yeah...McD's.

We are so classy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mighty Kitty here. Happy Valentine Day! Have you read the Oatmeal Series book titled "How To Tell If Your Cat Is Planning To Kill You"??? Judging from the picture of Max and Buddah the book looks like a wise investment. MOL.
Then again Max was having a fit over his dinner time being late and Buddah figured he owed Max a favor so he played along. Either way...might be a better Valentine Day if you feed the kitties before you go out. It feeds romance cause you have time to chat and the cats won't be doing a "Where The F*** were you when we craved your opposable thumbs?" Just satin friend. LOL

Just Ducky said...

Nothing says love like clearing out the garage!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Happy Valentines day! I hate it when fun gets put to the side! Hopefully there will be a bike rind soon. If the picture of your two boys together is not plotting, it was a beautiful Valentine treat!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think you should have done what Max and Buddah did. Just saying...

Tara and Heather said...

The boys really do look like they were plotting. I'm a little freaked out when I walk into a room and all four of ours turn and look at me with that expression.

Happy Valentines Day to you - ours is an exciting evening of Chinese Takeout and episodes of Bones from last season.

caircair said...

That is the sign of a long and happy marriage - when dinner out is at McD's and your exciting time out is cleaning the garage. In other words, you know that the best way to celebrate love is to spread it around throughout the year.