- Facebook status updates are driving me batchit…
- Grammar, people. Just some BASIC grammar, please. It’s not “should of,” it’s “should have” or “should’ve.” A status update is not a title and You Do No Capitalize Every Word of it. And if you’ve graduated high school, I kind of expect a modicum of spelling ability. It really does not take any more effort to type out “You’re coming, right?” over “ur cming, rite?”
- I really do have to resist pointing out horrific spelling. Because we all know how prefect mine is.
- I want cake.
- If you’re prone to exaggeration, don’t be surprised when no one believes it when something truly urgent happens and you need help/to see someone/to talk to someone. You can only stretch things so far so many times before people just don’t take your claims all that seriously.
- Don’t presume you know the whole story. You may have been given a watered down version, and it might have been for your own benefit. Or to keep you from worrying. Or to keep you from gossiping. But never presume you know the whole thing.
- My current project requires that I go back and read the archives of my training blog. It now amuses me how excited I was to be able to walk 5 miles and not die.
- Buddah is not available for adoption, no matter how adorable you think he is and how nice a life he would have with you. He’s my basement kitty, and I’m keeping him.
- People used to offer to take Max, and I really thought that sometimes they believed his blog posts of mistreatment. He’s not going anywhere, either.
- I should have bought some Bose headphones years ago,
- It is really jarring to be listening to a CD of instrumental music, and suddenly someone is singing. I’m looking at you, John Tesh.
- On Facebook again…I hate status updates that beat you over the head with things unspoken. If it’s cryptic, just keep it to yourself, all right? If the people on your friends list have no idea what’s going on, don’t dangle that chit in front of them. It’s as rude as whispering and laughing with one person in front of someone else.
- Best text message of the weekend: OMG I LOVE THESE DRUGS!
- Saddest text message of the weekend: I saved that cookie for three days, and when I had my back turned, the dog ate it.
- I know that feeling. Hank once took the very last cookie in the house right out of my hand when I wasn’t paying close enough attention. You think I would have learned, but the chitmonster snatched lots of things from me over the years.
- I still miss Hank.
- Dammit, John Tesh, this is supposed to be piano music. No singers allowed!
19 February 2012