Thursday

In two months we’ll be home. Granted, we probably won’t HAVE a home, but we’ll be home, looking for a home, most likely. Homeless at home. Yeah, my mind works that way.

We’ll be getting there right around the 16th of October, missing our high school 25th reunion by just 14 days. Two weeks. Yep, all the peeps from the Casa Roble HS class of ’79 will have to party on without us. I’m sure they’ll manage. If we weren’t related to a class member, I’m not sure anyone would realize we’re not there anyway (and hey, if you’re a classmate, specifically someone who emailed me and didn’t get a reply, it’s because your ISP hates me and won’t let me past your spam blocker!!!)

But while they’re celebrating 25 years away from high school and getting reacquainted, we’ll be having the Spouse Thingy’s retirement dinner (presuming anyone shows up…I suppose the ultimate practical joke would be to leave us at a restaurant with reservations for 20 or so and have no one show up. Well, maybe a flamingo or two…) And then a few days later, on the 5th, is his retirement ceremony. On the 6th and 7th the packers come to pack all our crap into boxes, they pick it up and whisk it away on the 8th, and then we just clean the house and wait for Columbus Day to be over so we can get on the road.

PsychoKitty will be so thrilled.

I wonder if he remembers the 4 and a half day drive out here, and how he howled most of the way…

He’ll hate it, but he’ll get over it. I’m getting more excited, but I have a lot of mixed feelings. I’ll have a hard time finding anything like the Boot Camp class to kick my ass, and no one =sniff= to drag me there if I do find it. I suck at meeting people and making friends.

But…

It’s home, and we get to go back, and I’ll figure out a way to get past the things I’ll miss. Including my car, which I’m starting to lean towards selling instead of having it shipped out there. I love my little red toy, tho…we’ll see.

Yeah, I’m rambling.

My mind works that way.

No comments: