Thursday

18 September 2014

There are at least 13 people who are trying to use my email address for various things. Most of the time it's clear they just simply forgot a digit or two when giving it to people--for their kids' activities, one to a Realtor who keeps scheduling appointments via email, a couple for school and I now know their grades--but tonight I got one that was clearly not meant for me.
I'm sorry, but I can't be friends with you anymore. You know why.
It's not from anyone I know, so I'm pretty sure I'm not being dumped by a friend or even a casual acquaintance.

So I replied.
I'm sorry. Who are you?
I doubt I'll get a response, but I'd like to think I helped whomever it was intended for get a bit of a dig in. If not, well...really, who the fark are you?


2 comments:

kenju said...

That reminds me of the time my husband saw an old classmate's brother at a party and when he went up to him to talk, the guy said "Should I know you?"

I would have been tempted to say "certainly not....you don't deserve me." LOL

That email you got could be fishing.

Sleepypete said...

Haha - I once got a text saying someone was looking forward to me coming home. You know, realllly looking forward to someone coming home.

It was, sadly, a wrong number. But I replied saying wrong number but I hoped the message would get to the right person, she sent me one back that made me smile :-)

(How long ago is that now ... I can't remember what I put !)