Monday

1 September 2014

I woke up at 4:20 this morning with--surprisingly--no help from Max, mostly due to the weirdness of a dream I'd had, in which I had been arguing loudly with someone about the pronunciation of the word "meme."

I contended it's pronounced "meem" because that second 'e' elongates the first. They contended it's "memm" because...reasons.

I don't know who won, but just before I woke up I called them a Farking Flaming Bag of WonderSnot. Only it wasn't "farking."

No, I didn't eat anything weird before bed.

Max was thrilled I was awake, because this meant he didn't have to work hard to get breakfast. It did mean he had to wait until 7 a.m., but he seemed all right with that.

I was up until 8:30, when the sleep bomb went off and I had to crawl back into bed. I have no idea what I was dreaming about when I woke up later, other than I had just saved the world from a contagion of evil that was turning people ginger.

Redheads, I apologize.

I don't think you're evil. At least not consciously. Well, not all of you. There was that one guy I dated just after high school...

'Course, now I won't be able to sleep tonight because I didn't get back up until almost noon, and I have to be up tomorrow because for Bast knows what reason, the insurance company is sending someone over to evaluate our house for replacement costs. We haven't had a claim, ever. We don't anticipate a claim. The only thing we can figure is they were notified of the permits pulled for the kitchen re-do. The county tax assessor wanted an itemization of costs for it, maybe the insurance company got the notice, too.

Well...I suppose I don't have to get up. She can assess right over my sleeping body, I suppose. That would assure she'll also be taking pictures, right?

Maybe I'll make the cover of USAA magazine.

4 comments:

Shannon akaMonty said...

I like to say it ME ME because that's what they used to be about. Back in the olden blogging days. :)
However, I do love flaming back of wondersnot as an insult and I'm hoping to have occasion to use it soon. heee

Unknown said...

This ginger won't take offense. As for how to pronounce meme (I like meem too) it's like parallel parking...I'm not good at it, so I just don't do it. I'm not sure how to pronounce meme, so I don't use the word except in print. OK...I'm a wuss...but an honest one ☺

Author Jo LaRue said...

I'm with Monty on this one AND this ginger takes no offense either... I think we should fear true dumb blondes myself :)

Mighty Kitty said...

Checked the audible dictionary and your pronunciation is absolutely correct. It was invented by Richard Dawkins in the 1970s to rhyme with gene.