Wednesday

7 December 2011

Apparently I was part of a class action lawsuit against eBay, something about listing fees for the selling of vehicles. Not really sure what. I listed two cars on eBay in the past, one sold and one listing was pulled because I mentioned the word "cash." That one ticked me off because the bids on it had reached my minimum price point, and it was a giant WTF moment. I didn't ASK for cash, it was more like, "...if you're a local buyer and want to pay cash..."

I don't even remember the point I was trying to make in the listing. Just that eBay pulled it right before the auction was supposed to end.

But the other day I got this thing in the mail because I was part of a class actions suit I didn't even know about. I almost tossed it because the envelope looked like another You have a VA loan on your house and we want your business and even though you've never heard of us, we're going to offer you a killer interest rate that's actually 1% more than you're currently paying! letter. But I opened it, and there was this!


A check!

For thirty five cents!

Yay!

So tell me...what should I spend it on? I have to cash it before the 22nd of December. WHAT TO BUY??!?!?

6 comments:

Alberonn said...

I'll bet you could get a decent supply of pocket fluff for that amount!

dustyninjacat said...

A gumball?

Geekwif said...

Wow. If you're lucky you might be able to pay for the paper that check was printed on with your windfall. Yeesh. Wonder how much the lawyer that handled the case got for that one?

Just Ducky said...

That won't even get you half a candy bar or a cup of coffee these days.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think you can pay tax on a starbucks grande for that...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

And they spent 45 cents to mail it to you! Don't spend it all in one place!