Saturday

10 December 2011

I needed a few things from Walmart so I headed over there, and was happy to see that it wasn't crowded and I would be able to zip in and then zip out.

While I gathered up the few things I needed, a thought ran through my head, something like, "Well, they never have it here so I'll go over to Safeway."

Five minutes later I was in Safeway.

Five minutes, five seconds later, I realized I could not remember what it was I was there for.

Googled "My Memory Sucks" and got this. Eh?
I wandered up and down the aisles, hoping to trigger my brain, but no. I did pick up two cans of cat food, flavors Walmart never seems to carry. But after aimlessly wandering around the store for ten minutes, I decided it must not have been that important, so I paid for the cat food and left.

Once I got home I realized I needed to do laundry, so that I would have some clean clothes to take to Disneyland next week. That included the pants I was wearing. So I put some shorts on, shoved the two pair of jeans I have that actually fit into the washer, and decided to sit down for a few minutes before diving into all the things I need to get done this weekend.

And then I remembered...I needed to pick the Spouse Thingy's meds up from the pharmacy.

At Walmart.

If this is how my brain works at 50, I dread 60.

And now I have to wait for my pants to finish washing and then drying, so I can go back to Walmart and get his meds.

Maybe I'll get lucky and remember what I needed so badly from Safeway...

6 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is the way mine works at 60! WE call it the great here after! As in 'What am I here after'?

Just Ducky said...

Mum writes herself a to do list every weekend so that she gets all her running around done. Otherwise, Lord knows we and she would be a mess. Her list for the day is completed, including cuddle time with kitties!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

The Woman has learned to write notes...

Roses said...

Every day at work, I do the same half dozen things.
Every day.
For the last 7 1/2 years.

But, I have a chart listing each duty so's I can check each one off as I complete it.
Every day.
For the last 7 1/2 years.

Because I'll forget to do one if I don't.

What's funny is that my boss sees me using this chart, and instead of thinking I'm addle-brained, he thinks I magnificently organized.

::shrug::

kenju said...

Just wait til you are 70! On a decorating job today, I could remember exactly what ribbon we used on her stairs last year (and the year before) but I didn't remember to carry my check book so I, too, could pick up meds at the pharmacy on the way home.

Susan S said...

I was going to write something funny here...but I forget what it was.