Friday

17 June 2011

Oddz N Enz #64.3.1923-a

  • I belong to several different online message boards. I recently joined a new one, and before you can post images or send private messages, you have to have made 15 posts. Fine. I get that. But if someone else sends you a PM, you still can't respond to it.
  • I got a PM from someone on said board; he followed links from my profile to my blog and saw that I was walking the SGK 3 Day. He wanted me to know that there's already a cure for breast cancer, but because the SGK makes so much money off these events, the public isn't going to get it.
  • I cannot send a PM response, so I'll do it here: You cannot be fucking serious... I hope you are not serious. Holy crap, you cannot be serious...
  • Originally, I had something far less polite to say.
  • Oh yeah, I won't be going back there. It's a motorcycle forum, and there are so many more, less restrictive places I can play and get real information about bikes and the like.
  • Tomorrow's training walk = 11 miles. Last year I freaked about that distance. Now? As long as it's not too hot, it's no big deal. 
  • I am not, however, looking forward to the days when I have to walk 15 or 18, especially followed by 12 and 13.
  • Those distances on teh actual walk? Don't seem like much, really.
  • It's supposed to be really hot the middle of this coming week, the high 90s. 
  • My Tuesday training walk shall be done in San Francisco, where the high is supposed to be about 70.
  • Damn, I love living this close to the city.
  • If my 15 and 18 miles days hit on hot days, I may take myself into SF and walk.
  • Ooh. get a room and stay the night!
  • I did not work out today. I intended to, but slept really late, and figured if I was that tired, I needed a day off before tomorrow's 11.
  • That's not an excuse, it's a reason. 'Cause I really wanted to swim.
  • Max's 10th birthday is in 3 days.
  • I won't buy his present until Monday. So it won't go bad.
  • That is all

4 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

There is sort of an ignorant/paranoid idea that yes we do have a cure for cancer among a certain group of people. Also there are those who think we don't need one because if you just ate "right" you wouldn't get it--of course the vegans think it's a vegan diet and the traditional foods think it includes grass fed meat and protein and raw milk and cod liver oil... umm who to believe?! :)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I am ready to come to your part of the world! It is in the triple digits here!

The Furry Bambinos said...

"11 miles ... no big deal". Wow - amazing how your perspective about the distance has changed. The training program itself impresses me - how much proper preparation, time and effort go into the 3 Day.

We think we know what Max is getting for his birthday - but we'll keep it secret so it's a surprise.

Mom Sue to The Furry Bambinos

Roses said...

"He wanted me to know that there's already a cure for breast cancer, but..., the public isn't going to get it. "

This guy thinks it's funny to make others feel bad.
This guy is points a finger under your chin, says "What's that?" and when you look, he flicks your nose.
This guy is the kid on the amusement park sky tram who yells to little kids traveling the opposite way that the cable is broken on their side and they're going to fall down and die a firey death. (I believed him and my dad was SO ticked I thought he'd kill that guy if he had the chance.)

This guy has just found a new way to get a rise out of people.
I bet he has a Google alert for SGK just so he can find victims, attack, and gently glide away to where my dad can't reach him.