Tuesday

14 December 2010

Why I should not be allowed to text:



And I have wanted Red Vines ever since...

(Yes, this was really Char's and my text...)

In other news, I had a follow up with my doc today and my arm is not about to detach from my body at the shoulder. Everything still hurts, but it's better every day and I have reasonable range of motion. It's just a matter of giving it time to heal up. He's kind of all over the map on exactly how long that will take. Everything from 6 weeks to 6 months.

If not for one particular place on my chest, I'd guess closer to 6 weeks, because the level of pain notches down noticeably from day to day. That one spot, though...it's being a little bitch. Still...I have high hopes that I'll feel comfortable driving by Friday and motorcycle-worthy after Christmas.

And oh yeah, I fully intend to hit the slopes again before the season is over. I am going to own that Skki Trikke.

5 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Glad you are feeling better. Just don't push it and get a set back

Jeanne said...

LOL! that's funny... and the reason why my husband and i turned auto correct off our cell phones. he sent me a text once that had a similar result!

Em said...

Very funny! Auto-correct does create some interesting conversations.

Willow said...

Hmmm...maybe some intercostal chondritis too?

Thumper said...

Interwhata huh? LOL

Doc thinks the cartilage the goes from the ribs up towards the sternum was jammed in then pulled back (or something like that...he's a strange guy that distracts me with his prolonged eye closing and frequent M'kay use...)

Whatever it is, it feels better every day, just takes time.

I really don't think it'll take as long to heal as he warned...I think he just wanted to stress it could be a while...