Sunday

12 December 2010

Pass the cheese, 'cause I've got the whine...

Okay, so far the recovery hasn't been too bad. I ache, but as long as I don't move, the pain isn't horrible. The shoulder itself hurts a little, but the worst is actually where the pectoral muscle connects to the sternum--that feels like it's ripping away every time I move--and there's this weird spot along my shoulder blade that feels like someone jammed a stick in there and won't pull it out.

The overall body achiness is subsiding, so, yay.

It could be worse. During the day taking Motrin is enough, but I'm still taking Vicodin at night. Night time is a double whammy; I can't roll over so I'm stuck sleeping on my back, but I'm a side and stomach sleeper, so my back really starts to ache after a while. I did notice last night that I managed to get my hips rolled over a little, so that's something. At least it takes the pressure off for a few minutes at a time.

But so far the absolute worst part of all this is boredom, and not being able to do anything. I'm pretty freaking mobile, but I can't lift anything, so I can't even do basic housework. I can't drive, so I'm stuck at home, and I hate being stuck at home. I'd walk to the store, but that one place on my chest seems to be seriously affected by the gravity of walking, so I'm not sure that would be my greatest idea. And while I feel like walking, I don't know the level of my endurance. I was sleepy as hell for a couple of days and I'm not sure how long I can wander around before the achiness gives way to fatigue.

All right, I take it back...the worst part has been the weight gain. Ten freaking pounds in the last few days. Yes, I know a good chunk of it is water, muscle trauma and all that, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it. I know part of it isn't water, it's from sitting around doing nothing. So even after I shed the water weight, I'll still have 2-3 extra pounds to deal with, and I was having a hard enough time with my weight before that. 1500 calories a day, reasonable activity, and I hadn't lost a damned thing in almost a year.

I was already frustrated; this is just pushing me over the edge. I am really pissed off about it.

So sore, bored, and ticked off...not a good combination.

There needs to be better crap on TV.

3 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

being immobile is very boring! and tiring! And it dies suck! You can only read do many books and watch so much TV! We hope you are feeling better soon!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Thumper I'm just getting back from a short vacation and am catching up with blogs....oh my goodness what a number you did on yourself. And I'm complaining because my neck & shoulder are sore from sleeping in a crappy unfamiliar bed!
Reading is my lifeline, but it's hard to do when you feel like crap, and tv is annoying and mindless. Hopefully the mending will take over from the trauma soon and you can do a bit more.

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your link on Kindleboards, love the blog. Will stick it on my blogroll.

Saffy