Top Five Email Questions About Having Moved
1. How do you like CA?
2. How’s the Spouse Thingy like his new job?
3. Are you driving around topless a lot? Did they fix your car?
4. Why no pictures since you unpacked?
5. Met any of your neighbors?
1. CA is terrific. This is the place that most feels like home, and it was nice to actually know where most everything was when we got here. I’m really liking the apartment, and I’m actually using my office—a real office!—to work instead of Internet surf most of the time. I think the only thing I don’t like is our sucky tasting water.
2. If he ever gets to start his f’ing job, I’ll let you know. He expected to start the beginning of November. But now it looks like the beginning of December is the best we can hope for. And even then it’s not guaranteed. On that note, if we usually swap gifts at Christmas, I hate to tell ya, but it’s not happening this year. We’ll be lucky to pay rent.
3. Yep, as much as possible. It’s almost a little odd, though, being the middle of November and being able to ride with the top down. We get some odd looks (I think some people already think it’s too chilly for topless driving) but I’m going to go topless as often as I can, until it gets really cold. But no, the car isn’t fixed. If the auto people pay on it they’re only paying $250, and the estimates we close to $2000. So my toy is going to remain dented and gouged. And bouncy, too.
4. What makes you think we unpacked?
5. We met one woman, and I cannot remember her name. She’s right next door and seems very nice. Other than that, nope. I do know how loud the people upstairs pee, when they run their dishwasher, and that they do laundry at 1 a.m. And the lady up there can laugh loud. But honestly, none of that is annoying.
If I sound snarky…it’s 2 a.m., and I can’t sleep.
And I have the munchies.
But mostly, it’s 2 a.m. and I can’t sleep.