Friday

NaNoWriMo.
Say it with me.
Na
No
Wri
Mo

National Novel Writer’s Month.

Nope, it’s not a celebration of those who sit alone in a room, typing until their fingers bleed and brains melt, day after day after day. It’s a writing exercise…cough up a 50,000 word novel in one month, starting November 1st, finishing November 30 (or before, if one is so inclined and/or motivated.)

I committed (committed being the operative word) to it this year, and with only 18 days to go I’m only halfway there.

So, if blog entries are few and far between, I’m probably working.
If there are many, I’m procrastinating.

No, don’t ask me why I’m doing it. It’s not like there’s a prize for finishing in a month, nor is it like 50,000 words doth a novel make, nor does spewing forth 50,000 words in 30 days mean it will be any good.

It’s Something To Do.
And who knows, it may shape up to be something publishable someday.
Yep.
Someday.

No comments: