Monday

Take A Picture, It’ll Last Longer

Really.

Now, think about it. If the shower curtain is closed and water is running, it’s a pretty safe bet that someone is actually using the shower. Don’t throw the curtain back and then stare with your mouth hanging open. If you’re not sure, tap the curtain with your finger and just ask “Is anyone using this?” One way or the other, I’ll answer you. I’ll either say it’s occupied, or I’ll scream because you scared the crap out of me.

Old age is not an excuse. I presume that in your vast life experience you’ve learned the rudimentary tricks to determining if a toilet stall or shower stall is in use. I would hope, anyway. If you can’t hear water because age or something else has taken your hearing, look for other clues. Like, my towel sitting right there on the little stool in front of the shower stall. The soap bubbles streaming out into the drain in the middle of the shower room floor.

Remember, too: it’s the YMCA, not Big Bob’s Peep Show.
Though, if you’re so inclined, I’ll take cash for a quick look.
Just warn me before you throw the curtain open!

No comments: