Tuesday

Oh My, Part 2

I am a bad, bad person.

Yesterday two little girls came to the door, selling candy bars. I didn’t ask for what; they were tiny things hauling a huge box of candy around, so my sympathy gene kicked into overdrive and I said that of course I would buy one. They were only a buck, and I can toss it into the box of cookies I’m sending the Boy.

All I had on me were quarters. I fished four out of my pocket and started to pay one of the girls, when she looked up and said, “Mommy said we shouldn’t take too many quarters.”

Now, I don’t know why, and I didn’t ask, but quarters were all I had. So I asked her if she had a dollar for change; she handed me a dollar bill and I gave her the quarters, then handed the dollar back in exchange for the candy bar.

Yep, I am a bad, bad person and I’m going to hell…

No comments: