Sunday

5 May 2019

I had plans for today. Get on the bike, ride 5-7 miles, stop at Starbucks for a bit, then ride another 5 or so, depending on how sore my backside was. Come home, have lunch, clean the kitchen, throw a load of laundry in, then sit down and get some work done.

But...I didn't get to sleep until after 2 this morning, and then Buddah was a total shit and attacked Max at 7:20, which functioned as a loud, piercing, unwanted alarm. Max screamed, I shot out of bed, and threw the door open in time to see Max running down the hall, Buddah on his tail, and the Spouse Thingy chasing Buddah.

The Feliway diffusers were dry. Those suckers might not be perfect, but the do work well enough that we notice when they've run out.

There was no going back to sleep. I've been trying to wake up enough to be at least moderately productive today, but it's nearly noon and the only things I've managed to do are feed the cats at snack time, find a potential handlebar for my bike thanks to a post on Reddit, and blink. And yawn. I've yawned a lot.

Unless I cave and take a nap--which will mean not being able to sleep tonight--I think blinking will be the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sorry to be late. I read the post days ago and meant to comment. But I wasn't sure what to focus on.

So I looked at the post again tonight and saw it.

"Felliway"... Yeah we depend on it here too. I can always tell when the diffuser has run out. Nothing terribly serious, but sudden minor hisses and more back leg tapping.

The Mews get along pretty well, but the Felliway makes it just a bit nicer.