Friday

24 May 2019

This little chit...

I was awake until 3 this morning, my own doing because I had caffeine after 2pm yesterday. But no big deal, because the Spouse Thingy worked last night and would be home in time for The Feeding of the Beasts.

I heard Max meow outside my door at 7:30 and rolled over, because if the Spouse Thingy wasn't home yet, he would be soon.

At 8:30, Max was howling outside the bedroom, which propelled me out of bed, because that was over an hour after Food O'clock, and surely something--hopefully just holiday traffic--was delaying the opener of the can.

I opened the door; Max led me into the bathroom and then down the hall to the living room. He had clearly been fed, and the Spouse Thingy was asleep in the other room.

Max made sure I got myself a drink, that I sat down...and then he raced to the bedroom, where he curled up on the bed.

On the spot I had just vacated.

The nice, toasty, warm spot.

That little monster just played me.

I am still sleepy, I needed another hour at least, and I really want to go back to bed. But...

There's a cat curled up near my pillow, and he's clearly comfortable and now deeply asleep.

4 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

MOL you're right...he played you BUT can you blame him? A nice warm and cozy spot for a nap?

The Florida Furkids

Elisa said...

Do you have a flashing sign on your forehead that says "Sucka?" We sure do. Our rescue twins will cough and gag until we give them some deli turkey or cheese to help get whatever is stuck down their throats. Freakin heathens.

Just Ducky said...

Well, curl up next to him. That is what mum does with me!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Warms are special.