Saturday

15 July 2017

All righty...back when I was fundraising for St. Baldrick's, I promised that if I hit a certain amount, I would post a video of me singing. And then I got sick, sounded like crap, and then...I forgot.

Last night, I remembered. So...you get the raw, unwarmed-up, unrehearsed vocals of moi. Presuming the video doesn't get yanked (tried to stick in on FB, they immediately pulled it, because of the music.)

Oh yeah, the music. Since I did this on the fly, I played a song on my iPod and sang along.

And why this song?

Well...once upon a time I bought my first iPod and created a playlist with, like, 15 tracks on it. All 15 were of this song. Because WHY THE HELL NOT??? I used to drive around in the convertible and sing along, over and over and over. Also, now you know where the Queen of Pacifica got her name.


8 comments:

RosieS said...

Lovely, Thump! Truly. Such a sweet lullaby. And, correct me if I am wrong, but did I hear Max contribute a single note of harmony? 😉
You need to share a St. Baldrick's song every year.

hlaoroo said...

Beautiful, Thump! Love that song, and you did it beautifully!

Lil' Bunny Foo Foo

One Fat Girl And Her Thoughts said...

Okay. I clicked PLAY here with the *highest* of expectations.
I expected drama. I expected horror. I expected to be WINCING with the awfulness of it, damnit; and what did I get? A perfectly nice rendition of what sounded like a lullaby!
NOT GOOD ENOUGH, THUMPER!
Maybe this is because I am drunk - which I freely admit I am right now. I settle down with Mother to watch Midsommer Murders or somesuch, and have what my Grandmother would call 'a hefty nip' most Saturday evenings, so apologies for my possibly/probably appalling typing - but seriously; I was gutted! In my head, in the time it took to read that post, I had built up this moment in my head into epic proportions. There was out of control wailing. There was headbanging. There was inappropriate fashion being worn... And I press PLAY, and: nothing. And I know it sounds ridiculous - heck, *I* sound ridiculous, even when I'm *not* drunk - but it was a massive let down, I can tell you. I wanted garbage! Damnit: WHERE IS MY GARBAGE! I was promised garbage!
...anyway. I've ranted for long enough. I just needed to get that out...
=breathes=
I'm not angry, Thumper. Just *disappointed*...
Alice. x

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Karen!
You can TOO carry a tune!!
Jessica

Conny Warren said...

You're actually a pretty decent singer. Beautiful song.

Mighty Kitty said...

Beautiful, Thump! You have a lovely voice and you should be proud of it.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WOW! it is beautiful. You are a brave woman putting your voice out there! I don't minding singing with a bunch of Girl Scouts, but not for the public!

When the Video ended, a picture of Simon Cowell, eyes closed and hands together at his mouth! So I think he liked it too!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You could do that Karaoke without embassment...