Sunday

30 December 2012


For no real reason...me pretending to work
Things I keep thinking about instead of the work I’m supposedly doing as I sit here in a crowded Starbucks.

  • Mister, it was kind of mean to tell your little boy there’s a frog on his head, but I am enjoying watching him spin, twist, and turn as he tries to fine it. And you have a very realistic “ribbet.”
  • Come on, phone, stop buzzing like I’ve got a text message when I don’t have a text message. Especially at 2 in the morning.
  • I think I want to re-pierce my left ear.
  • Guy with hair down to your waist and visible neck tattoos…think about the irony of you telling the woman you’re with to “get a load of” me.
  • Yes, my dandruff is pink, thank you for speculating.
  • The music in here is actually loud enough to drown out the ringing in my ears.
  • There’s a lady waiting for her order who is dancing in place. I think she’s about 75 years old. Rock on, old lady…even if the music is instrumental jazz.
  • If I stick my brain with my pen via my ear, will it get back into work mode?
  • Yes, I am here a lot. No, I do not know if the sandwiches are any good or how long they’ve been out. If you try one and like it, please let me know. I’ve been wanting to try the egg salad but don’t have the nerve.
  • New ink. I need to make an appointment. Or sweet talk someone into making it for me, because…phones.
  • Apparently, today is Talk to Thumper Day at the Dixon Starbucks.
  • Yes, I like my MacAir. Yes, it was worth the bucks. No, I wouldn’t give one to a 13 year old.
  • I have the munchies. It’s a good thing the line here is long, because they have donuts today.
  • Thank you for apologizing, but the word “fuck” does not offend me, especially when following the dropping of your scone. I would have sworn, too.
  • People who can leave their laptops sitting on the table here while they run to the restroom are either brave or foolish, can’t decide which. I pack mine up and take it with me, just in case…
  • I wonder how carbonated tea would taste. I have a Sodastream now…I need to find out.
  • Guy running across the parking lot looks a lot like the Boy; for just a moment I wondered what the hell he was doing here, and who was he chasing?
  • If you’re still reading, you win a cookie. Here, take this $10 bill and I’ll hold the table while you wait in line. Get me a donut while you’re at it, okay?
  • Holy hell, I really have the munchies…

6 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

How good carbonated tea tastes depends upon the tea. We like the Xing tea flavors ourselves and the bit of carbonation (some sugar, some honey, nothing bad...)

DKM said...

Do I get my cookie tomorrow?

Geekwif said...

When the guy in the Sodastream commercial said, "It tastes just like Red Bull," I almost ran out and bought one on the spot. I doubt it really does taste that much like it, but if it did, I would wear that thing out in a week.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I like your random thoughts! I have a lot that of those. I have been writing them down, would you read them! hahaha Not really! I would not ask any one to read them!

Unknown said...

This is very funny.
You are a quiet woman, Thumper ... but you are really very funny.
I like you.
I am just saying.
R

Shaggy and Scout said...

I would truly love to sit with you at Starbucks someday Thumper!
I like that groovy old lady too!!