Sunday

9 January 2010

Happiness is turning just the right way and having your back pop in just the right spot, suddenly alleviating over 3 weeks of pain that often bordered on the edge of shoot me now, it'll feel better. Yesterday I was sitting at my office desk, turned to the right to get a disk out of the CD drive, and felt a series of small pops, and 95% of the pain was gone, just like that.

What I'm left with is one sore spot that feel like a giant bruise would...very tolerable. It's still a pain to bend over and pick things up off the floor, so I'll avoid that for a while, but still, this is so much better that it's like getting a elated Christmas present (though I would have prefered to not spend my actual Christmas the way I did...)

The only downside is that now I'm more aware of how much aching is still in my shoulder, but even that's not bad. It's not even whine-worthy (not that I won't...)

Another week or so and I may even be able to give the Skki Trikke another try. Though I admit, I saw a ski bike online today and it was really tempted to order, just to give me something to play with and not risk upending myself into the snow again.

Very tempting...

10 comments:

Roses said...

Oh, Thumper. I'm so relieved for you!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are glad your back is better. I hope is does not flare up again!

Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog for a while now. Your back might do better with a PT who uses manual therapy, as opposed to one who just uses the standard heating pads/TENS (electric thing) and exercise; you might want to look into that.

Karen Jo said...

I am really glad that your back popped back into place and mostly stopped hurting. I hope that you continue to heal smoothly.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Maybe you just had to get the swelling out of the way so things could right themselves. In any event: Yahoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy your back is better.
Now let's get the rest of you back
in shape.
You will be Tap Dancing
before you
know it.



kay lee Kelly

Meowers from Missouri said...

good ONya! welcome back to the not-so-ouchy world.

Anonymous said...

Are you tap dancing yet?
*
How about now?
*
Now ?
*
I will be back**
**

kay lee Kelly

The Whiskeratti said...

Yeaaa! We're glad your back is better. The whole thing sounded very unpleasant.

Anonymous said...

Are you OK? You haven't posted since the 9th and Max hasn't posted since the 10th? Is you back worse, is spouse thingy OK are is the boy sick? We miss you.