Sunday

28 February 2010

As soon as the Spouse Thingy gets up tomorrow--well, as soon as he's awake enough--we're hitting the road and heading for South Lake Tahoe. Everything is packed and ready to go, I just need to go gas the car up in the morning and probably clean the crap out...because we're taking his car, and I'm not sure he's entirely grasps the idea that just because you drop something onto the passenger floorboard, that doesn't mean it has to stay there until you carry a passenger....or more specifically, a passenger other than one's wife, because he doesn't seem to care if my feet are bothered by his used Kleenex and gum wrappers.

We're taking our laptops--the hotel has free wi-fi...free y'all!--and a digital camera, so hopefully we can post a few pictures. And hopefully the pictures won't be of me bent in odd angles, hanging off of a ski lift.

You know if I'm dangling off a ski lift, he's going to take pictures...

The cats are curious about what's up...the bags are already by the front door, and I put food and water in the master bathroom, figuring that closet is where Max is going to hide from Butters. The Boy will be here while we're gone, protecting the premise from out little town's gang of thugs. Which, basically means he'll sit here and watch TV while he does laundry, because our little town's thugs are mostly teenagers who cut school once in a blue moon to go to Burger King for a Whopper...presuming they don't get kicked out, because random kids in the fast food places during school hours are pretty much ratted out.

But...WooHoo, we're going skiing! Yay for the Spouse Thingy having a schedule with a couple of weekdays off.

But the cats may never forgive us...

9 comments:

Peace said...

Have fun!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Have a fun trip!

DILLIGAF said...

I once went on a skiing holiday where I thoroughly enjoyed watching the loonies from the warmth and safety of the bar. Marvellous.

Enjoy!

Willow said...

Whyyyyyyyyyy.... unless it's just for the cool pics of you dangling off the lift.

Why would anyone want to go out into the snow for that long PURPOSELY??

Oh wait. I forgot you live in a warm climate. Pfft...

Shaggy and Scout said...

How nice to get away with the spouse and have no worries! Have Fun!

Lone Star Purrs said...

Yay!!! I'm jealous! Have fun!!
~LSP Momma Becca

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Enjoy. I'm jealous as we've had horrible skiing up here!

The Whiskeratti said...

They'll never forgive you but they will forget. Until it happens again, then they'll remember :)

Sleepypete said...

I have the passenger footwell thing in my car too. When I take my neighbour (Cyberkitten) back from the cinema, I'm usually jumping in the car first and rapidly picking up my steering wheel lock to chuck it in back ... With hopefully enough time to get the other rubbish out of the way.

(It's a good arrangement, when the shop people steal the road outside my place, CK lets me use his empty mini-drive. In return, I give him lifts)