Friday

28 February 2020

Year 2's leprechaun kisses
Ten more days until St. Baldrick's.

I have not yet bleached my hair, the first step in neon green with several colorful stripes, though I had planned on having that done by now...mostly so I didn't get my head shaved with lots of stains on my scalp.

But.

There have been two cases of COVID-19 of unknown origin that popped up here in the last couple of days, and people are, understandably, on edge about it. Granted, I'm not quaking in my boots, but I accept that it's out there and it's going to get worse before it gets better. But because it's out there and spreading, a lot of events have been canceled, and I'm waiting on dyeing the hair to see if St. Baldrick's will happen or not.

As far as I know right now, it will. But just in case, I'm waiting on the hair dye until shortly before the event. I'll wind up with scalp stains, but I can live with that. And I'm really hoping it's NOT canceled because...hell, this is year 7 for me and I've raised more than my goal, and as much as I don't want to be bald I do want to go.

Also, I want my freaking t-shirt.

It's all about the t-shirt.

5 comments:

gizzylaw said...

The t-shirt is worth it!!! I hope all goes forward and we see your shiny bald head above it!

Vicat said...

#TshirtsMatter

knichols said...

No worries about covid-19 --- now that Mike Pence, the country's preeminent pandemic expert is in charge, he'll hold a couple of prayer breakfasts and pray the virus away. And if prayer doesn't get 'er done, he'll bus them across the border.

But seriously, folks... I had to spend most of the day yesterday in ER (had to take mom in) and I felt like I was sitting in a Petri dish. No masks were available; they were in short supply and being given only to those who were symptomatic for cold/flu. I emptied the Purell dispenser. Although logic tells me that the odds of me contracting the virus are extremely low and the odds of dying from it are even lower, when I listen to incoherent press conferences that demonstrate what an unhinged, self-absorbed idiot the guy in charge is, I think all bets are off.

If the St Baldrick's event is off, can they just reschedule for some future date? If so, it may be a blessing in disguise- maybe you'll get the head shave done when the weather's not so chilling.

Just Ducky said...

Don't forget to take a hat along to keep your head warm.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Have you consider wiping green silly string on your head?