Sunday

25 October 2009

Damn, my kid can act...

Last night was the opening show of Grease, and the Boy is playing Sonny in it...I would have been there then but the Spouse Thingy had to work and I can't (well, shouldn't) drive at night, so I went to the matinee today. Yep, by myself, a shocker. I wanted to go early on so I can go again before it closes.

It was just an all around fun show to watch, partly because it looked like the cast was having a good time on stage...and now those songs are stuck in my head and probably will be all week. It was a little bit of a surprise to see the Boy totally clean shaven...I haven't really seen that since he was 16, other than a picture he took a couple weeks ago. With his hair slicked back for the role and the facial hair gone, it really blew me away how much he looks like my dad, especially from pictures I've seen from my dad at the same age the Boy is now.

So now I kinda wonder if waitresses hit on my dad in his 20s, too...

Fun show...made a little funnier by using a Miata as Greased Lightning. "What is that futuristic looking car?" LOL

8 comments:

kenju said...

I loved that movie, and I have a daughter who watches it at least 2 times a year. It would be good to see a live show!

Roses said...

Honest to goodness, when I read the first line, I thought you wrote that your cat can act.

Gotta get my eyes checked, really...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Sounds like you had a good time. it is amazing how our sons look like their grandfathers.

Willow said...

Oh man! Wish I could've been there to see (and fight off the waitress. Heh.)

Got any pictures? Surely a clean shaven Kid warrants busting out the camera!

Karen Jo said...

It sounds like a really good show. Congratulations to the Boy on doing such a good job.

Thumper said...

Unfortunately, no photography or video is allowed in the theater... I may try to snap a few pictures next time he's over. His grandmother would like to see him clean shaven...

invisible said...

You know the Miata is a "Chick car"
Right?
You're dad probably had something a little more mucho macho than that.
( I do like the Miata actually and want the retractable hardtop version. I can't afford a Mercedes SLK or BMW Z4.)

yellojkt said...

Grease isn't really a show for kids, but what the heck.