- I have no idea why, but last night I dreamed that I had to get legal advice and help from the plumber on Desperate Housewives to get a nurse from General Hospital out of jail for possession of lawn fertilizer.
- As I sat in Border's, working on sketches for Max's upcoming book, one of the employees started to walk past and said, "I didn't know you were an artist." I managed to not laugh, let him see the could-be-random pencil markings on the paper, and explained "It's supposed to look like a cat drew it." He nodded and said, "Keep practicing."
- I saw a proof copy of my book; I was hoping I would like it more once I saw it, but nope, not so much.
- Someone took pity on me since Max got his interview (which he is sure will spiral him into fame and fortune), and I will be interviewed for the Webster Rampage. The reporter is one Devon Crowe, who is taking a journalism class for summer school, and wants to feature me in their "People We Know" column. He is in 8th grade, and I am understandably grateful for the bone he's throwing my way.
- His mother is my editor. He is being allowed to read a galley copy of the book before he interviews me. I am hoping he's not scarred for life; his mother is hoping he comes to understand that what kids see may not be all there is to a situation.
- That will make more sense once you read my book. And you will read it, won't you? Of course you will.
- Back to work. I have a toothbrush to draw.
Ponderings Whilst I Procrastinate...