Sunday

10 December 2017

I mocked a friend who bought 250 bitcoins early on, when they were $100 each. I am no longer mocking; they hit $19K last week, and he managed to sell at $16K. I am marginally irritated because I dismissed his "why the hell not, it can't hurt" attitude then, because he makes investments like this all the freaking time and comes out on top.

The waking hours of the 3 Day seemed to have done a bit of a reset on my brain. Having to get up at 3:30-4:30 every day and falling asleep by 9 every night has carried over a bit. I'm asleep by 10:30, 11 at he latest, and have been waking up at 7-7:30. Normal people hours. I'm awake the same number of hours as before (on good days) but I seem to be getting more done. Go figure.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

♦ Max and I are 143,000 words deep into the next Wick After Dark book, but in reading through it, I'm 95% sure we need to break it up and then cut a bunch of stuff. Otherwise people will read it and wonder WTF happened to that one story thread, and WhyTF did the biggest one take 200 pages to really get rolling?

♦ Still, I'm having fun with it. I really dig drunk Aubrey. There, you have something to look forward to.

♦ There will be another Wick Chronicles book, for those who don't like the more adult After Dark stories. Once I get this one sorted out, I have a WC short planned, and there will be a summary of the AD books online, I think.

♦ Why are so many people at Starbucks on a Sunday morning? Cripes.

♦ UCD is nearby and finals are approaching. I know why it's busy, but I'm still gonna whine about it.

♦ Holy fark, chai tea is good. Why did it take me so long to try it?

♦ Yeah, back to work...

And a random picture of Max snuggling, just because...

2 comments:

caircair said...

I don't think I've ever seen Max smile. he looks so blissful.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I'm glad your friend gained by bitcoins. But they could have easily sunk to $1. He got out at the top and that is rare. The losers will be at the top when it crashes...

I just moved $250K from stocks to government securities with guaranteed returns. The bubble is about to burst like Dutch tulip bulbs.

I'm leaving some in foreign exchanges. Their economies are more solid than ours with the crazy things the current administration is doing.

A family member moved all her stocks to CDs in 2007 thinking the stocks would crash. I think this is a similar situation.. My stocks tripled in 8 years. I'm taking the money and protecting it for a few years.