Thursday

After bumping around online, I can only come to the conclusion that I may very well be the only person in the world who did not pre-order the new Harry Potter book, and I don't intend to be at some bookstore at midnight to snag a copy.

Oh, I'm going to get it, no doubt about that. I'm looking forward to it as much as anyone else.

But I'll be able to sleep in Saturday, wander into any bookstore--or even the grocery store--at noon and there will be thousands of copies still sitting there, waiting to be purchased and taken home and treasured like the Wonder it will surely be.

Maybe I just don't get it...if it were going to sell out, sure, I'd be paying for it early. I might get someone to drive me to a store at midnight. But it's getting a huge print run.

If I ever write that mega bestseller...sleep in, Peoples. My royalties will be the same whether you buy it at midnight or noon, and you'll be more awake to appreciate my fine musings if you've had a good night's sleep.


See, I'm writing it already...

No comments: