Saturday

How Stupid Do I Look?

I just checked my email and had something from a PayPal address with the subject header “Verify Your Account.”

Now, I knew before I opened it that it was a fraud; PayPal does not ask you to verify your accounts via email. But I opened the email anyway, just to see what it said. And this was it:

Dear Costumer,

This email was sent automatically by the PayPal server in response to verify your identity. This is done for your protection --- only you, the recipient of this email can take the next step in completing the Verify Your Identity form. To verify your identity and access your account, follow these steps:

1. Click on the link below. If nothing happens when you click on the link (or if you use AOL), copy and paste the link into the address bar of your web browser.

(link removed)

The link will take you to our Verify Your Identity page.

2. On the Verify Your Identity page, answer ONE of the questions, and click Submit.

You will then be able to access your account and becoming a REAL verified costumer.

Thanks for using PayPal!


Dear Costumer ??? =snort= #1

You will then be able to access your account and becoming a REAL verified costumer =snort= #2.

That’s a relief, to know that I can become a REAL verified costumer. I mean, that is my life’s ambition, to create odd clothing for people who perform on stage, or want to dress like it’s Halloween year ’round.

Sheesh, if you’re going to run a scam, at least get it right.

No comments: